Broadway Market Estd. 1786 Broadway Market was the first of three markets built to accommodate the dispersed population of Baltimore’s boom years. The oldest existing market was called Fells Point Market until 1797 when it was moved to the center of the street- now called Broadway. A two story hall was added in 1865 and removed 100 years later. Located in a historic district, the market which at one time was four long sheds reaching down to the harbor, served immigrants and sailors who inhabited Fells Point. Farmers came by wagon, boat and ferryboat loaded with fruits and vegetables. Renovations were made to the North Shed in 1971 and to the South Shed in 1979. In the summer of 1986, Broadway, the oldest of the existing markets, celebrated it’s 200th anniversary. The Broadway Market is approximately 12,375 s.f.
1640- 41 Aliceanna Street Baltimore, Maryland 21231