This market takes it’s name from the Hollins family who were large landowners. It’s block long shed and two-story front were built in 1877. Located in the old Lithuanian section, it is the least changed of all the markets and the only market maintaining it’s second story. Soldiers of the Civil War stationed nearby often stopped here while supplies were sent to Washington for shipment to Union soldiers in the field. Up to the late 1950's Hollins Market and three blocks of street vendors sold their goods on Hollins Street. Major renovations occurred in 1977. The market was the last to close it’s outside street stalls. The Hollins Market is 29,803 s.f.